Thursday, September 20, 2012

Review: Taylors Sandwich Shop

I’ve visited Taylors Gourmet Sandwich and Deli Co. twice in the past two days, since it’s around the corner from my room. One of my visits was much more enjoyable than the other. The freshly-made sandwiches are pretty good – mom and I both had the crayfish salad (as that’s something we don’t really get in the states). They were fresh-tasting, filling, and reasonably priced.

Given the positive experience on the first day, we decided to stop there again the next day; when you’re tired and walking all day, you want familiarity. However, since we stopped there after lunch, there was a MUCH more limited selection (two chorizo pepper sandwiches, one mozzarella sandwich, and one duck wrap). Disappointed, we walked across the street to the other Taylors (I’m not quite sure how it works… this one had more pre-made food – pre-packaged sandwiches, etc.). I grabbed a smoked salmon sandwich, and mom went with mozzarella. Sadly, the mozz sandwich was bland, and the cream cheese to salmon ratio in my sandwich was a little high for my taste (also, while the spicy mustard was tasty, it seemed a bit out of place on a smoked salmon sandwich).

So, the overall verdict is go for the fresh food, avoid the pre-made stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment